This Week in Musician’s Network
Thursday: Geekapalooza Comedy Night (https://www.facebook.com/events/1481501208772480/)
Saturday: Pumpkins, T-Shirts, Voodoo Reggae Thingamabobber (https://www.facebook.com/events/1489677461284896/)
SPECIAL NEWS BULLETIN
Kishore: I’m the new president! We’ve had some the recent officer changes, effective until the next elections.
- Caroline = new Treasurer
- Ashley = new Minister of Propaganda
- Bailey = new Open Mic Officer
Vice President: We are now going to have a new special priority request method! If you do something special for MN (i.e. do unpaid work for a show), you can get 1 practice time booked a week in advance! Details are going to be on the Google form, which you should fill out here: tinyurl.com/utcprf
- Also: On Saturday we’re going to be having a pumpkin carving/decorating/t-shirt screen printing event! Afterwards there’ll be a football tailgate thing. More on that later.
Booking Officer: On October 10th we have Me-fest! Playing will be exStellarator, SU(2), The Organ Machines, and CCR live band karaoke! If you’re interested in coming to the event and singing one of these songs, come talk to me after the meeting. Also, shows need workers! Sign up on the whiteboard behind the desk. Perks include getting experience running shows and getting priority practice points.
Secretary: If you want to join the mailing list or haven’t signed up for Jacketpages, talk to me after the meeting.
Treasurer: I’m the person that will take your money! Dues are $10 per year , practice fees are $15 per semester, and locker fees are $5 per month (none available, but you can get on the waiting list). Remember, you can’t book practice time without paying dues.
Advertising Officer (Sid): If you’re part of the New Bands Showcase, I’ll be taking pictures of your band. Come schedule time with me (or email firstname.lastname@example.org).
Open Mic Officer: Thursday’s Open Mic theme is laughter! This week, open mic will run from 7:45-8:45 pm because we’ll be hosting the Geekapalooza Comedy event at 9. If Jared brings food, there will be food.
IT Officer: I’m the internal technology officer, and boy is my technology internal. Much like last week, the stuff I’ve been doing can’t be seen.
General Manager: Last Saturday was the best thing ever because things are organized now. Thanks to everyone who came out to help! Also, this Saturday we’re carving pumpkins and putting them on display at UTC! We’ll also potentially be putting up cobwebs and other cool creepy things.
Equipment Manager: When you practice and run shows, please try to keep the space organized. Clean up after yourself so it can feel awesome and clean all the time! Today, we’re going to have sound class – Nick Shooter is teaching a tutorial on Reaper (digital audio workstation). Also, if you want an instrument, packets of Nerds make great kazoos.
Historian (Meredith): If you didn’t get a calendar at the door, I’ll get you one later. While we were cleaning up this weekend, we found a bunch of cool stuff!
Minister of Propaganda: We need flyers for our events! If you want to help out with advertising stuff, come talk to me so we can organize a new Ministry of Propaganda meeting. Also, the first edition of Lint & Loose Change is still available (now in Easter colors!). For the 2nd issue, we’re still taking submissions (until October 10th) and the issue will come out around October 15th. LLC meetings are at 2pm every Sunday at the round tables outside UTC. Also also, come talk to me after the meeting if you went to Saturday’s show – I want to interview you!
Historian (Jed): [hands out more calendars]
Senior Hugs Officer: If you feel that you haven’t been hugged enough, or if you have, please come hug me after the meeting
Advertising Officer (Krish): You may have seen me dancing very awkwardly and violently at the show. Calendar events:
- Geekapalooza, Saturday’s tailgate, Jamesfest, ATL pride on Oct 11th (there’ll be a band from Vienna), Ground Rules show on Oct 24th, Weezer on Oct 25th, and the Rocky Horror Picture Show cover band on Nov 1st
- Also, I made a dumb: we don’t have a meeting on October 13th (unless you want to meet one on one with me).
- Tentative question: we have a free weekend on the 18th. Do we want to have a picnic? [Survey says: YES]
- Tanika made this week’s Spotify playlist! Check it out here.
James: I’ll be hosting daytime open mic at UtC from 12-2 pm on Tuesday October 7th!
Jared: If you want to help the CCR cover band sing songs, check the signup sheet that James made.
- This Saturday, 12-4 pm: carving pumpkins, screenprinting t-shirts, decorating UTC
- 4 pm-infinity: eating beef patties, listening to reggae, and generally having a good time
- Do we want to have an official UtC entry for this year’s homecoming events? [Survey says: meh]
- New Bands Showcase: Sid is scheduling times to do band portraits, and I’ll be scheduling times for you guys to meet with me. Meet me outside after the MN meeting (or email newbandsGT@gmail.com).
Evan: Victor Vino and I are forming an experimental electronic group (ambiance < x < drone). We’re still looking for a singer, I think, but come talk to me regardless if you’re interested. Also, I like doing general music things and am looking for people to play with. Generally interested in doing as much music as I can. I’m a multi-instrumentalist, and I have my own practice space. Not available for other New Bands Showcase bands. Email me at email@example.com.
Chris: I teach intermediate guitar lessons. We meet Sundays at noon at UtC. If you’re interested in joining in, you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ethan: My beginning guitar class will start this Wednesday at 12 pm. If anyone’s interested in a beginning Chinese class, talk to me later. That’ll start at 6 pm this Wednesday.
Tony D’Arienzo: I teach beginning guitar lessons Fridays at 5 pm. If you’re interested, contact me at email@example.com.
Casey: If anyone’s looking for a guitarist, let me know! I play mostly rock. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
October Social Calendar: http://i.imgur.com/IPKrtve.png
UTC curated Spotify playlist (courtesy of Tanika!): https://play.spotify.com/user/129062230/playlist/6NMahkdo8tgZypy0OFo7i7
Open mic/Geekapalooza: https://www.facebook.com/events/1481501208772480/
Halloween decorating + Voodoo Reggae thing: https://www.facebook.com/events/1489677461284896/
Free Group Lessons:
All are welcome, all group classes are FREE!
- Mondays 8:30 pm, Wednesdays 5 pm, Fridays 5 pm
- Teachers: Christian Toto , Ethan Huang, Tony D’Arienzo
[Voice & Stage Presence]
- Tuesdays 4:30-6pm
- Teachers: Paula Bondal , Jared McGrath
- Teachers: Christopher Kingsbury
Fun photos from this weekend: