Archive

Posts Tagged ‘2015’
05 Oct

Musician’s Network Meeting Minutes 10/5/2015

Comments off

There will be no meeting next week due to fall break!

 

Officer Announcements:

 

Treasurer: Dues are $10 yearly, practice fees are $15 per semester. Pay dues before booking practice time. You can get a T-shirt today if you pay your dues.

 

Minister of Propaganda: We have lessons! See below for the schedule.

 

Historian: Nothing to report

 

Advertising: Acoustic show Friday, it’ll be pretty cool.

 

Booking: There’s a show Friday, and if you really want to play still

 

Advertising: If the weather is okay, we’ll have Groovy Friday on Friday!

 

Secretary: I organize and send out meeting minutes. If you need to join Jacketpages or get on the mailing list, come talk to me.

 

General Manager: After the meeting, I’m going to catalog all the 200 games of backgammon we have in the cabinets, so if you want one talk to me.

 

Open Mic: I run open mic and the YouTube channel. The theme this week is Trap Night starting at 8:30 with signups at 8:00.

 

Equipment Manager: Nothing to report.

 

Lint & Loose Change: We just finished our October issue, and we’ll be publishing and assembling this week. We’re also taking submissions for the November issue, there’s no set deadline yet. You should come to the meetings, we meet Sundays at 11 near the Android.

 

Vice President: I am in charge of booking practice times, so after paying dues and practice fees, come talk to me. We have a house kit and a half, two keyboards, two basses, and plenty of mics; if you have any other questions, come talk to me. You must pay practice fees before using the practice space. If you ever miss a meeting, you can email me (at my personal email, not at gtpractice) for practice times, but people who are at the meeting take priority, so please come to meetings if you’re looking for specific times. Please take care of the space. When you leave, if the door is not locked, please call the front desk and have them lock the door for you.

 

President: Thanks to everyone who came with me to bike around Atlanta! We’re doing it again on the 17th, it’ll be great. There’s also a survey about the new Student Center they’re going to build, you can find that here. Dramatech is putting on a variety show, more details here. We have no meeting this week. UTC will not be open Monday and Tuesday due to fall break.

 

General Announcements:

 

Krish: You should come to the show that’s happening at the Loft with Chon and The Dear Hunter. A bunch of us are going, you should come too.

 

Claire: I’m going to see Halsey October 16th at the Buckhead Theatre. I also have some cinnamon twists from Taco Bell if anyone wants them.

 

Jake: I’m looking for a drummer and a keyboardist for a pop p4unk band.

 

Tanika: This weekend is Atlanta Pride, and I’m not going out of town, so if anyone wants to go with me let me know.

 

Elliot: I’m thinking about this Thursday seeing In the Valley Below at Center Stage. Let me know if anyone else is interested in going.

 

Carter: My band Sea Ghost is releasing an album soon. We’re having a release show October 24th at Wonderroot. It’s $5 and all ages.

Categories: minutes Tags: ,
28 Sep

Musician’s Network Meeting Minutes 9/28/2015

Comments off

Officer Announcements:

Open Mic: I’m a little taller than Sid today. I manage the YouTube page. This week’s open mic will be Comedy Night, starting at 8:30, with 8 standup comedy guys Zain is bringing in. If there’s spare time after they’re done, I’ll open up normal open mic stuff until 11:00. It’ll be pretty cool, you should definitely come out. The video for last week’s open mic will be out tomorrow. I couldn’t be at sound class last weekend, but it’ll resume this weekend.

Advertising: I’m the second highest person in this room. We’re doing groovy Friday this Friday!

Historian: Traditionally curly haired ladies Sara Konecny (from LLC) and Meredith (our treasurer) and I have straight hair today.

Minister of Propaganda: We have lessons! See below for the schedule. Sign up for lessons with Sid or with the organizer.

General Manager: Nothing to report.

Booking: We’re putting together a Halloween show October 30th. The ambient junk show that was supposed to be this Friday fell through, so sorry about that.

Treasurer: Dues are $10 yearly, practice fees are $15 per semester. Pay dues before booking practice time. You can get a T-shirt today if you pay your dues.

Equipment Manager: I have nothing to report, except I’m sorry I had to cancel sound class on Sunday, but they’ll resume this Sunday.

Secretary: I organize and send out meeting minutes. If you need to join Jacketpages or get on the mailing list, come talk to me.

Lint & Loose Change: Our September issue was published recently, and right now we’re working on our October issue. We’re lacking poetry and music submissions, so you should submit at llczine@gmail.com. The submission deadline is this Friday, October 2nd! We might have to print this issue in 10pt font, which is awesome because it means we have a lot of stuff. You should come to the meetings, we meet Sundays at 11 near the Android.

Vice President: I am in charge of booking practice times, so after paying dues and practice fees, come talk to me. We have a house kit and a half, two keyboards, two basses, and plenty of mics; if you have any other questions, come talk to me. You must pay practice fees before using the practice space. If you ever miss a meeting, you can email me (at my personal email, not at gtpractice) for practice times, but people who are at the meeting take priority, so please come to meetings if you’re looking for specific times. Please take care of the space. When you leave, if the door is not locked, please call the front desk and have them lock the door for you.

General Announcements:

Krish: There’s a startup called Fanfundr, which is basically kickstarter for concerts, so if there’s an artist you want to play at a venue, you can start a campaign, and if enough people buy tickets, they might come. Talk to me after the meeting for more details. Also Antarcticats are playing a show Saturday at the Mammal Gallery. It’s 18+ and $5. Also, I really like how short Paul’s shorts are right now.

Elliot: In the valley below next Thursday. If anyone’s going, let me know.

Sid: Nothing More is playing Friday at the Masquerade Friday, so if anyone wants to go, let me know.

Gabe: On October 10th, The Deer Hunter, Chon, and a couple other bands are playing at the Loft. Let me know if anyone is interested in going. On December 2nd, I’m going to see Dance Gavin Dance. Talk to Chris for a ride.

Charvi: I’m going to a 21 Pilots concert next Tuesday, if anyone wants to come let me know.

Fielding: I didn’t do anything with my hair but I thought it looked good, so if you want a picture with me after the meeting, come talk to me.

Avrosh: I need to borrow or find a 10 x 10 tent.

Paul: I’m going backpacking fall break, so if anyone has a ride and/or wants to come, come talk to me.

Jed: There’s a free King Guru show at Smith’s, and if you’re over 21, there’s $5 beer.

Venkat: I’m looking for percussion teachers. Talk to me after if you can help.

Paul: If Krish wants to fight me after the meeting, you can all talk to me for a picture.

Lessons:

Jason George – Guitar – Wednesday

Beginner 5-6

Intermediate 6-7

Jed Paz – Ukulele –

Beginner canceled this week

Intermediate after meetings Monday

Jack Thomson – Bass – Thursday 5:30-6:30

Austin Cheshire – Live sound – Sunday 12-1

Chris Deese – Studio sound – Sunday 1-2

Taylor Kuter – Drums – Wednesday 7-8

Categories: minutes Tags: ,
21 Sep

Musician’s Network Meeting Minutes 9/21/2015

Comments off

Officer Announcements:

Minister of Propaganda: We have no shows this week, but we do have lessons, as always. See below for the schedule.

IT Officer: If anyone knows how to do that Korn thing where all the Rs are backward, let me know.

Treasurer: Dues are $10 yearly, practice fees are $15 per semester. Pay dues before booking practice time. You can get a T-shirt today if you pay your dues.

Equipment Manager: Nothing to report, everything’s in pretty Deese-ent shape. See below for sound class lessons schedule.

General Manager: There will be a Halloween show. We’re trying to get people together to play Rocky Horror and other Halloween-y music, come talk to somebody.

Historian: I have nothing to report, but I went to Athens this weekend and now I hate the color red.

Booking: There’s an acoustic show Oct 9 that I’m looking for bands for, so come talk to me if you want to join.

Secretary: I organize and send out meeting minutes. If you need to join Jacketpages or get on the mailing list, come talk to me.

Lint & Loose Change: Our September issue was published recently, and right now we’re working on our October issue. We’re lacking poetry and music submissions, so you should submit at llczine@gmail.com. The submission deadline is next Friday October 2nd.

Open Mic: This week’s theme is Quesadilla night, please feel free to bring your own quesadilla. If not, Jack Thomson will make you quesadillas. I also run the YouTube page.

Advertising: We’re doing Groovy Friday this Friday at 12:45 until around 2.

Advertising: The new band showcase bands have been announced! You should have gotten an email about this; if not, come talk to me.

Vice President: I am in charge of booking practice times, so after paying dues and practice fees, come talk to me. We have a house kit and a half, two keyboards, two basses, and plenty of mics; if you have any other questions, come talk to me. You must pay practice fees before using the practice space. If you ever miss a meeting, you can email me for practice times, but people who are at the meeting take priority, so please come to meetings if you’re looking for specific times. Please take care of the space. When you leave, if the door is not locked, please call the front desk and have them lock the door for you.

Pres: If you use the space, please respect it. Turn off stuff and clean up after yourself. We’ve also officially decided to do the big biker gang excursion on the belt line on October 17th. This weekend we’re also getting a preliminary group together to bike the beltline too. Austin can help you get your bike working.

General Announcements:

Sid: I’ll be playing this open mic with my new band and with Several Bears. A few friends and I are going to see Fiddler soon so you should talk to me if you’re interested.

Krish: I’m going to Creative Loafing’s Atlanta Presents this weekend, featuring Chris Childs Orchestra, Flamingo Shadow, Breathers, DJ Jelly, and more, and food from Best of Atlanta winners like Naanstop, King of Pops, and Heirloom Market BBQ. You should come. It’s free. I also just saw a post from SCPC, they’re looking for an opener for the homecoming band, so if you’re in a band, you should apply for your band to play.

John Quinn: I’m going apple picking in Blue Ridge some weekend in October.

Jed: I do ukulele lessons. Soon I’ll be getting an extra ukulele, so if you want one-on-one lessons if you can’t make the normal time, come talk to me.

Jack: I’m going to see David Liebe Hart this Saturday, so if you want science Christian weird music, come talk to me.

Krish: I think Jack Thomson looks really good today.

Lessons:

Jason George – Guitar – Wednesday

Beginner 5-6

Intermediate 6-7

Jed Paz – Ukulele –

Beginner Thursday 7-8

Intermediate after meetings Monday

Jack Thomson – Bass – Thursday 5:30-6:30

Austin Cheshire – Live sound – Sunday 12-1

Chris Deese – Studio sound – Sunday 1-2

Taylor Kuter – Drums – Wednesday 7-8 starting September 30

John Perry – Vocals (Technical) – TBA

New Band Showcase Bands:

Band 1

Adam Nohl

Jacob Truax

Band 2

Peter Toms

Cong Luo

Jason Zhang

Band 3

Arthur Clark

David

Michael Khan

Band 4

Bailey Bercik

Cameron Miller

Meredith Jacobs

Band 5

Patrick Miga

Dmitry Bondarev

Nicholas Dudek

Band 6

Verge Bliss

Band 7

Chad Miller

Bennett Kane

Band 8

Greta Shallenberger

John Quinn

Ashley Counselor

Chris Mickas

Band 9

Piero Chiappina

Sidney Smth

Joshua Mellott

Sobia Bhatti

Band 10

Alex Akins

Samantha Stevenson

Band 11

Andrew Cameron

Nicolas Hernandez

Band 12

Mitchell Mazzoni

Nate Hill

Boa-Lin Lai

Daniel Dotson

James Moroz

Band 13

Dustin Sloan

Cory Stine

Spencer Leff

Beckie Campbell

Band 14

Henry Saba

Categories: minutes Tags: ,
14 Sep

Musician’s Network Meeting Minutes 9/14/2015

Comments off

Officer Announcements:

Booking Officer: We have a show on Wednesday and a show on Friday. You should come out.

Advertising Officer: We have the New Band Showcase going on, so if you have a band/incomplete band or want to start a band, you can get practice times, and then in November, everyone performs and you can win prizes for your band. We’re lacking drummers and bassists, so we’d love it if you joined. If you want to be my friend and help me advertise and chalk on Skiles and hand out fliers, come talk to me.

Secretary: I organize and send out meeting minutes. If you need to join Jacketpages or get on the mailing list, come talk to me.

General Manager: We’re going to restart UTC playlists, so if you want to send me a playlist on Spotify at under_the_couch or email me at taaaaanika@gatech.edu.

Lint & Loose Change: Our September issue was published two weeks ago, and right now we’re working on our October issue. If you have poetry or short stories, you should submit at llczine@gmail.com. The submission deadline is October 2nd. We also take music submissions.

Open Mic Officer: Open mic will be this Thursday at 8:30, signups at 8, as usual. We don’t have a theme yet.

Equipment Manager: Live and studio sound classes have been switched this week.

Treasurer: Dues are $10 yearly, practice fees are $15 per semester. Pay dues before booking practice time. You can get a T-shirt today if you pay your dues.

Historian: I MC open mic, and I’ve been putting the time stamps for each open mic performance on YouTube. If you don’t want your name online, talk to me and I’ll take it down.

Minister of Propaganda: We’ve uploaded the most recent open mic to YouTube. We have a show on Wednesday and a show on Friday, and we’re still doing lessons; see below for the schedule. Also if you want to help out with propaganda, come talk to me after the meeting.

Gene: I’m a professional photographer. I took pictures last Friday, and I plan to take pictures for more shows to help advertise the space. I’m looking for three people interested in post-processing to help me produce and send out pictures, so if anyone is interested in learning about post-processing, talk to me after the meeting or email me at gsbarbara@gatech.edu.

IT Officer: Nothing to report, but you should follow your degree’s catalog from the year you started at Tech.

Vice President: I am in charge of booking practice times, so after paying dues and practice fees, come talk to me. We have a house kit and a half, two keyboards, two basses, and plenty of mics; if you have any other questions, come talk to me. You must pay practice fees before using the practice space. If you ever miss a meeting, you can email me for practice times, but people who are at the meeting take priority, so please come to meetings if you’re looking for specific times.

President: If you teach drums, or if you want to play bass for New Band Showcase, go talk to Sid. Also if you’re interesting in joining the biker gang, come talk to me after the meeting.

General Announcements:

Chris Deese: I’m in two bands, The Figurant and The Organ Machines, playing at WonderRoot on Thursday. Also playing there are Not Having Fun, Smooth Aviator, and Slackwater.

Sid: I’ll be playing with Several Bears in a couple weeks.

Alex McGill: I’m from Campus MovieFest, the world’s largest student film festival. We’re holding a contest for a movie produced in a week using our equipment. Details are at campusmoviefest.com, or you can email me at amcgill@campusmoviesfest.com.

Jed: We’re short one ukulele, so anyone who can lend me one for lessons, that would be greatly appreciated. I’m also driving people to the Figurant show on Thursday.

Chad: I’m in a band called Ground Rules, and we’re playing on Friday.

Sam: I’m a pianist, and I love playing accompaniments. Come talk to me if you want to play something or form a band.

Jack: I’m going to see Titus Andronicus tomorrow at 8.

Sobia: We’re trying to do a show in a dilapidated town, so come talk to me if you’re interested.

Tanika: Basically give me your music recommendations please.

Sara: Grimes just announced that she’s going to be in Atlanta on November 11th so come talk to me if you’re interested.

Claire: There’s a show October 4 at Aarons Amphitheatre with Aziz Ansari and Amy Schumer, you should come with me.

Krish: Jad Abumrad from Radiolab is coming to the Ferst Theatre October 10th, and tickets are $20. Somebody help me sneak in.

Chris Deese: When Circa Survive breaks my heart at the Tabernacle November 23rd, somebody come with me.

Caroline: I’m in a band called the Merry Go Rounds, we’re looking for a new bassist. If you play bass, and you’re not in more than maybe one other band, come talk to us. We really need someone, hopefully in the next couple months. We’re going on tour for spring break, so you’ll come on tour with us.

Taylor Kuter: I want to start an emo band, so if your last name is Kinsella, come talk to me.

Categories: minutes Tags: ,